Join us for this incredibly popular event. Today, we are guaranteeing a non-stop, action packed race with stops in and around Washington, D.C. and the tidal basin to enjoy the magnificent Cherry Blossoms and the festival activities. Join us for a day of fun, exercise, creativity, and prizes.
How does it work?
1) Upon arrival we will break you into teams. Each team will be given a list of several items to retrieve. The items are all of little or no cost.
2) The list will also contain a location where each team must check in by a certain time. Each team should take whatever items it has and proceed to that location by the designated time. If you are late, you lose points. Teams are not expected to retrieve all of the items listed.
3) Throughout the day, at each location, points will be calculated, teams will get a brief time to rest, and teams will be given a different list of items to retrieve and take to the next location. There will be different check-ins throughout the day. At each check-in, teams will be given different scavenger hunt lists.
4) Bonuses are given to the first team to arrive at each respective location. Teams will leave each location in the order in which they arrived. The winning team will be the one that collects the most points. Prizes will be awarded to the top two teams.
There will be a special treats waiting for everyone at the finish line.
All teams must use public transportation. Teams caught using personal cars will be disqualified. We recommend that you bring a Metro card with at least $10 on it when you arrive.
Throughout the day, you’ll visit many landmarks in D.C., restaurants, museums, and much more! There are over 100 items listed and what you see depends upon your team’s resolve, speed and ability to have fun!
Note: The race starts at 12 noon sharp!
Please bring a smartphone or tablet device.
Smithsonian Metro – meet at the North Entrance (on the South Side of the Mall)
near Jefferson Drive, Southwest
Meet Scavenger Hunt DC representatives at the top of the metrorail escalators.
* Do not use the Independence Avenue – South Entrance
(Nearest Metro Stop is Smithsonian Metro)
See event website @ https://scavengerhuntdc.com